Today was gorgeous in Rome. I had my onsight class near the Spanish Steps, where we went to a museum dedicated to the Altar of Peace dedicated to Julius Ceasar by Augustus. We sat outside on the steps for awhile, just soaking in the sun and listening to the teacher. I came back and went to church at St. Dorothy's for Ash Wednesday. Here, they sprinkle ashes onto the top of your head, which is a little weird, but hey... same concept. After that I went to the cafe with my friends Betsi and Tricia. They draw animals on top of your cappuccino with chocolate, so it's a cute little touch. I am now currently sitting in my room, contemplating whether to take a nap or not. I need to work-out, but I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm tired! Tonight, Betsi and I are going to a drag-show dinner/performance on campus....It should be interesting! It was only 8euro for a 3 course meal and drink purchases go towards charity. Drinking and helping the needy.. win-win! : )
Yesterday it was Women's Day in Rome. That's right! There's a Women's DAY here. I did not find out until later (around 8pm) that admission into all of the museums was free for me. Boo! But, because it was Fat Tuesday, there were free fireworks shot off from Piazza Del Popolo. My friend Alex and I climbed to the top of Gianicolo Hill to watch them and took some pictures. I was going to go to the Ice Bar with a group of girls, but I was too tired and fell asleep around 10. Before that, I met Court at Bar Malva to do homework and have our daily cappuccino because I only had one class. My second one got canceled.
I have been contemplating all day about what I want to give up for Lent. I cannot think of anything.... I thought about chocolate or gelato, but that would just be rude and not nice to the Italian culture, or me, considering I'm only here another 2 months & I just bought a whole thing of Kinder (It is chocolate made here in Europe that is so creamy and just full of goodness!) Then I thought about pasta, but then I would starve to death. Also thought about soda, but that keeps me sane....hmm. Maybe I will just exercise everyday and make a checklist of things I have to see every week here. That way it would benefit me with the exercise and seeing Rome part? Who knows.. ideas are gladly accepted : )
Caio!
No comments:
Post a Comment